Working at Height
Many construction workers have suffered a life changing injury as a result of a fall from height.
Work at Height is work at any height, above or below ground level, where a person could fall and be injured. For all work at height, training must be undertaken to prevent the risk of any fall that could cause injury.
- H&S Laws & Regulations – understanding your legal duty under 2005 Work at Height Regulations
- Responsibilities of employees and employers
- Types of equipment and plant available to minimise risk, and how to select the correct equipment for tasks to be undertaken
- Definition of Work at Height
- Advice on how to collate Risk Assessments Method Statements that employers can understand and adhere to
- Preventative and protective control measures with PPE as the last resort
- Safe systems of work at height and recognising fragile materials
- Rescue plan and equipment
- Test paper/questions/ handouts and review
Who Needs Working at Height
Anyone who works at height and people who supervise or manage people who work at height.
Alan is our Senior Trainer and Technical Director.
He spent 30 years as a Health & Safety Director of a National Construction company, so he has the muddy boots experience, the qualifications, the stories as well as the likability and sense of humour so crucial to helping people understand the importance of Health & Safety in the workplace.
Feedback on Working at Height Course
It's made me more aware of the dangers of working at height and all the precautions and planning out you should do beforehand to minimise any risks!
Thank you for the brilliant course you provided for us yesterday. It was very well presented and well received by all attending Officers. It is quite rare to receive such a high quality professional course and therefore it needs mentioning.
It was clearly evident you possess a vast amount of theoretical and practical knowledge on the subject with all up to date information available.
I would not hesitate to recommend this course to anybody in need of this certification.
Gave me a much wider knowledge of my chosen trade and opened my eyes to the little things. Highly recommended, Alan my trainer was very attentive and stopped to make sure I got it and understood.