CITB SSSTS Refresher
The official CITB Site Safety Plus training course from the Construction Industry Training Board of which we are an accredited and audited member.
- The structure of health and safety law
- How the supervisory role fits in with the manager’s role in controlling the site safely
- The role of method statements
- Health, safety and welfare on construction sites
- Effective communication on your site
- Behavioural safety
- How to supervise occupational health
The SSSTS Refresher can only be attended whilst your current certification is still valid. The refresher cannot be attended once your certification has expired. We recommend for delegates to attend a refresher course at leas 2 months before your expiry.
Mandatory entry requirements:
- You will need to provide a valid photo ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted list of ID.
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge of £70 + VAT.
If you are a Levy Paying CITB member you may be eligible to apply for a grant for your training. Please at the time of booking or on the training course supply your Levy number and company name. We are unable to submit claim’s after the course has been completed. For information of CITB Levy grants please click here.
Who Needs CITB SSSTS Refresher
People who need to renew their previous Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme qualification.
Alan is our Senior Trainer and Technical Director.
He spent 30 years as a Health & Safety Director of a National Construction company, so he has the muddy boots experience, the qualifications, the stories as well as the likability and sense of humour so crucial to helping people understand the importance of Health & Safety in the workplace.
|Dates||Days||Location||Price per person||Status|
|1||2242||bristol||Mon 30 Sep 2019||1||St Annes (Main Suite) · Bristol · BS4||£185.00 + VAT|
19 Places Available
Q: My initial SSSTS certification has expired, can I attend the refresher course?
A: Unfortunately, if your Site Safety Plus certification has expired you will need to do the full 2 day course again. Please make sure you renew prior to your certification running out.
Q: Can I see a copy of the SSSTS refresher course syllabus?
A: Yes, it's available here
Feedback on CITB SSSTS Refresher Course
It was very good to have a trainer from the industry with relevant experience rather than a graduate/theorist.