Safety Harness & Lanyard
Over the years we’ve run this course 80% of the people on it it found out they’d been issued the wrong type of safety harness and/or lanyard which resulted in them having little or no protection.
Practical course essential for users of fall arrest equipment; also useful for supervisors and managers, business owners and buyers of PPE equipment to ensure all buyers and users of safety harness and lanyards understand which kit they should be purchasing, issuing and using to offer full protection to operatives. It also shows how to properly inspect kit.
- Health & Safety Laws & Regulations – understanding your legal duty including
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Responsibilities of employer and employee
- Different types of harnesses and lanyards and their practical applications
- How to put on, fit, wear, work in and store the different types of harnesses
- Importance of regular safety harness and lanyard inspections – who is responsible and how often they must be done with examples
- Importance of issuing and using the correct Safety Harness and Lanyards and PPE and how to inspect it
- How to collate a safe rescue plan to reduce the time an operative is suspended in a harness
- Operative suspension trauma
- Delegate practical session with adjustment and fitting of harnesses and lanyards
- Test paper, questions, handouts and review
Who Needs Safety Harness & Lanyard
Users of fall arrest equipment.
Supervisors, managers, business owners and buyers of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Alan is our Senior Trainer and Technical Director.
He spent 30 years as a Health & Safety Director of a National Construction company, so he has the muddy boots experience, the qualifications, the stories as well as the likability and sense of humour so crucial to helping people understand the importance of Health & Safety in the workplace.
|Dates||Days||Location||Price per person||Status|
|2||663||bristol||Tue 22 Oct 2019||0.5||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||£70.00 + VAT|
7 Places Available
|2||663||bristol||Tue 19 Nov 2019||0.5||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||£70.00 + VAT|
12 Places Available
|3||663||bristol||Mon 09 Dec 2019||0.5||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||£70.00 + VAT|
12 Places Available
Q: Does this course teach how to inspect a harness?
A: Yes it does, all delegates who pass this course will be able to inspect their harnesses.
Feedback on Safety Harness & Lanyard Course
I can fully understand the risks and plan assessments for each job, the health and safety point of view and how to use equipment to the best of it's ability.
Correct Harness - Learning how to wear correctly and to work safely at heights.