Ladders & Steps
Statistically inappropriate / incorrect use of ladders and stepladders contributes to an average of 14 deaths and 1,200 major injuries every year in the UK, and result in hefty fines and court cases for companies.
Ladders and Steps should only be considered for light work of short duration. Usage in line with appropriate Risk Assessments by the appointed persons.
- H&S Laws & Regulations – understanding your legal duty under the Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Determining if a ladder/step ladder is the right equipment to use using the 3 point ‘hierarchy of control’ risk assessment guide
How to choose the right ladder/step ladder for a task
- Carrying out pre-use inspections with ladder tag systems, how often these must be done and who is responsible for them
- How to use ladder/step-ladder safely to minimise risk – sensible safety precautions
- Storage, maintenance and keeping kit safe and legal
- Importance of issuing and using correct PPE
- How to select the correct classified equipment for a task and inspection procedures
- Practical sessions throughout
- Test paper/questions/ handouts and review
Who Needs Ladders & Steps
Current users, supervisors and managers, business owners and buyers of equipment.
Alan is our Senior Trainer and Technical Director.
He spent 30 years as a Health & Safety Director of a National Construction company, so he has the muddy boots experience, the qualifications, the stories as well as the likability and sense of humour so crucial to helping people understand the importance of Health & Safety in the workplace.
|Dates||Days||Location||Price per person||Status|
|1||660||bristol||Tue 17 Sep 2019||0.5||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||£70.00 + VAT||Sold Out|
|2||660||bristol||Tue 22 Oct 2019||0.5||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||£70.00 + VAT|
1 Place Available
|3||660||bristol||Tue 19 Nov 2019||0.5||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||£70.00 + VAT|
12 Places Available
|4||660||bristol||Mon 09 Dec 2019||0.5||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||£70.00 + VAT|
12 Places Available
Q: Are ladders banned by the HSE?
A: No - this is a myth. Ladders may be a suitable option for short duration work of a simple nature. Longer work requires more suitable equipment.
Feedback on Ladders & Steps Course
Look more closely at existing scenarios and systems; great contents and "take away" info.
I now have an idea of how working at heights and steps and ladders affect my job and my day to day tasks.
I have more knowledge of safe working procedures, good content.
Provides knowledge and gives food for thought on our procedures and policies, very well presented.
I will have less risk of having an accident or injury when using ladders.
The course is well run with a good mix of clarity, real worl exmaples of it's necessity and friendlyness.