Official CITB course of which we are an accredited member.
One of the most highly respected qualifications for supervisors, or people about to acquire supervisory responsibilities.
Course helps develop knowledge, awareness and understanding of legal, moral and social responsibilities in respect of health, safety and welfare on construction sites.
At the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- Health & Safety – Laws & Regulations
- Supervisory responsibilities in controlling safely
- Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Effective site inductions, tool box talks and method statement briefing
- Accident reporting
- Monitoring site activities safely
- The importance of using the correct PPE
- Intervening when bad practice is identified
- Group presentations
- Individual presentation to the class
- Course examination, results and review
Mandatory entry requirements:
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge
- You’ll need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted list of ID.
Who Needs SSSTS Course
This 2 day SSSTS course is for site supervisors.
You will learn about your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB renewable 5-year Site Safety Plus certificate
- The certificate is valid for 5 years
- You must renew this qualification every five years by attending the SSSTS Refresher course. You need to complete the refresher course before your certificate expires or you'll need to complete the full course again.
- We advise to book your refresher course at least 2 months before your expiry.
Alan is our Senior Trainer and Technical Director.
He spent 30 years as a Health & Safety Director of a National Construction company, so he has the muddy boots experience, the qualifications, the stories as well as the likability and sense of humour so crucial to helping people understand the importance of Health & Safety in the workplace.
|Dates||Days||Location||Price per person||Status|
|1||646||bristol||Tue 15 Oct 2019 to Wed 16 Oct 2019||2||St Annes (Main Suite) · Bristol · BS4||£250.00 + VAT|
19 Places Available
|2||646||bristol||Tue 12 Nov 2019 to Wed 13 Nov 2019||2||St Annes (Main Suite) · Bristol · BS4||£250.00 + VAT|
17 Places Available
|3||646||bristol||Tue 10 Dec 2019 to Wed 11 Dec 2019||2||St Annes (Main Suite) · Bristol · BS4||£250.00 + VAT|
20 Places Available
Q: Is The Training Societi a registered CITB training centre?
A: Yes, we're proud to be a fully registered and regularly audited CITB Site Safety Skills Training Centre.
Q: Is this course approved by the UKCG?
A: The SSSTS course is endorsed by the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) as the standard mandatory training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites.
Q: How is the SSSTS course assessed?
A: There are two parts to the assessment of the SSSTS course as follows:
- There will be a test at the end of the course and delegates need to achieve a minimum pass mark of 80% to pass the course (24 marks out of 30) including 4 'critical questions' which they must pass.
- Delegates also have to pass the toolbox assessment which is a presentation. It is up to the instructor if delegates meet the criteria to pass.
Q: What does SSSTS stand for?
A: Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme.
Feedback on SSSTS Course Course
Very relevant to the work we will be undertaking; good training - helpful in the future.