IPAF Scissor & Boom Lift – 3a & 3b Training
This IPAF course is essential for all users of Scissor and Boom Lifts. It teaches delegates how to safely operate both types of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPs). It also covers skills such as the selection and pre-inspection of the equipment.
Our standard IPAF Scissors and Boom Lift course covers both IPAF 3a (Mobile Vertical) & 3b (Mobile Boom / Cherry Picker) categories, but we are also able to provide training on 1b (Static Boom/Van Mount) and Push Around Verticals (PAV) poered access categories
***Our IPAF Training Prices include Registration with IPAF, log book and your IPAF PAL card***
Who Needs to do this Course?
This programme is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may need to use or control powered access equipment in the workplace.
***Delegates must be at least 18 years of age***
IPAF Scissor & Boom Lift – 3a & 3b Training Course Content
- Introduction to Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPS)
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1978
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Responsibilities of the employee and employer
- Introduction to the use of MEWPS – Pre theory test
- Familiarisation of machines – understanding their capabilities
- Pre check safety checks & Inspection
- Safe working environment and systems of work
- Controlling and driving the machines
- Emergency systems for lowering
- How to correctly & safely store the machines
- The importance of regular maintenance – what to look for
- Correct use of PPE to ensure you are properly protected (including using safety harness & lanyards in a MEWPS)
- Theory test (Multiple Choice Paper)
- Practical Assessment – operating the machines
Please note an 80% pass mark applies to the IPAF Operator theory test, and successful delegates will go on to complete the practical session for which the pass mark is 75%. Delegates that pass both parts will be issues with their IPAF License and a Log Book.
- Investing in this course will mean that delegates will be able to prove competence on using MEWPS which will open up opportunities for more work. for those with their IPAF jobs and tenders are easier to win!
- Learning from a friendly and experienced consultant in a comfortable environment - no stone left unturned
|Dates||Price per Person *||Status|
|Mon 3 Aug||£195.00||Sold Out|
|Mon 3 Aug||£195.00||Sold Out|
|Mon 10 Aug||£195.00||Book Now! 2 Places Available!|
|Mon 24 Aug||£195.00||Book Now! 1 Place Available!|
*Please note that all prices are subject to 20% VAT
We also have training centres in:
Birmingham, Bracknell, Caldicot (South Wales), Cardiff, Derby, Durham, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Kent, Leeds, Lincoln, Liskeard, Liverpool, London – East Thurrock, London – Purfleet , London – Uxbridge , Luton, Manchester Norwich, North Wales (Deeside) Peterborough, Nottingham (Newstead), Ringwood, Roche (Cornwall), Southampton, St Albans, Swansea, Taunton, Uxbridge, Warrington, Wembley
We can deliver this training anywhere in the South of England, click above to view the area we cover on a map.
"I think it was presented very well which made me understand all necessary theory required to be safe."