IPAF Scissor & Boom Lift (3a & 3b) Training
Introduction: This course is essential for all users of Scissor & Boom Lifts. It teaches delegates how to safely operate both types of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPs). It also covers skills such as the selection and pre-inspection of the equipment.
Our standard course covers both 3a (Mobile Vertical) & 3b (Mobile Boom/Cherry Pickers) categories, but we are also able to provide training on 1b (Static Boom/Van Mount) and Push Around Verticals (PAV) categories
Who Needs to do this Course?
This programme is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may need to use or control powered access equipment in the workplace.
***Delegates must be at least 18 years of age***
- Introduction to Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPS)
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1978
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Responsibilities of the employee and employer
- Introduction to the use of MEWPS – Pre theory test
- Familiarisation of machines – understanding their capabilities
- Pre check safety checks & Inspection
- Safe working environment and systems of work
- Controlling and driving the machines
- Emergency systems for lowering
- How to correctly & safely store the machines
- The importance of regular maintenance – what to look for
- Correct use of PPE to ensure you are properly protected (including using safety harness & lanyards in a MEWPS)
- Theory test (Multiple Choice Paper)
- Practical Assessment – operating the machines
Please note an 80% pass mark applies to the theory test, and successful delegates will go on to complete the practical session for which the pass mark is 75%.
- Investing in this course will mean that delegates will be able to prove competence on using MEWPS which will open up opportunities for more work.
- Learning from a friendly and experienced consultant in a comfortable environment - no stone left unturned
|Dates||Price per Person||Status|
|Mon 11 May||195.00||Book Now! 4 Places Available!|
|Mon 18 May||195.00||Book Now! 4 Places Available!|
|Mon 1 Jun||195.00||Book Now! 4 Places Available!|
|Mon 8 Jun||195.00||Book Now! 4 Places Available!|
|Mon 15 Jun||195.00||Book Now! 4 Places Available!|
|Mon 22 Jun||195.00||Book Now! 4 Places Available!|
|Mon 29 Jun||195.00||Book Now! 4 Places Available!|
We also have training centres in:
Birmingham, Blackburn, Bracknell, Brierley Hill, Caldicot (South Wales), Cardiff, Derby, Dundee, Durham, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Kent, Leeds, Lincoln, Liskeard, Liverpool, London – East Thurrock, London – Purfleet , London – Uxbridge , Luton, Manchester Norwich, North Wales (Deeside) Peterborough, Nottingham (Newstead), Ringwood, Roche (Cornwall), Southampton, St Albans, Swansea, Taunton, Uxbridge, Warrington, Wembley
We can deliver this training in the South of England
"I think it was presented very well which made me understand all necessary theory required to be safe."